Are you looking for work?
Whether it's part-time, casual, full-time or one-off's that you're looking for, fill in the form below and let us know what you're wanting. The form only takes 2-3 minutes to complete and includes simple contact details, availability and a brief description of your experience. Once you complete the form below, we'll host your information on the MPA Workplace - so only include details you're happy to share. The directory can be seen below - it may take a little while before your information is live. If you have any issues please contact [email protected]
Are you looking to employ?
Are you looking for someone to manage your magazine subscriptions, or in need of a salesperson? If you're an employer looking for employees with magazine media experience, then complete the form below and let us know what you need.
Once you've completed the form below, we'll post your job description and details on the MPA Workplace Employer Directory below. Make sure you check out the Employee Directory too. If you have any queries, or wish to get in touch please email [email protected]
Commercial Brand Manager
Skills and experience: Experience with creation and implementation of commercial revenue strategies to develop existing and new revenue streams. Budget management to achieve commercial betterment of individual media brands. Plus a wide range of sale and retail/subscription marketing skills specific to magazines.
Looking for: Currently working on contract doing sales for another publisher, ideally looking for a fulltime position
Magazine Art Director/Freelance magazine designer
Skills and experience: Many years experience designing current affairs and special interest magazines in NZ and UK. Plus, copywriting, content generation and subbing skills.
Looking for: Full-time employment or long-term contract ideally, however, happily freelancing at present with availability to help out if required.
Would consider: Part-time (1-2 days per week), Part-time (2-4 days per week), Casual (few hours a week/fortnight), One-off's & Full-time employment.
Feature writer/columnist (High Heels and Gumboots), North and South
Skills and experience: I have a degree in English and Certificate in Journalism; 13 journalism awards including Editor of the Year - Supreme Overall Winner; I love feature writing, and am an excellent proofreader/sub-editor. I specialise in yachting, and wrote a column High Heels and Gumboots for North and South magazine.
Looking for: freelance work from my home base in Golden Bay, available to work on-line and around top of South Island.
Will consider: Part-time (1-2 days per week), One-off's, I'm flexible
Regional Operations Manager
Skills and experience: Operations And Warehouse management
Looking for: Vast experience in operations , warehousing and merchandising, 32 years experience in the magazine industry
Will consider: full-time employment
Sub-editor and Writer
Skills and experience: At Bauer Media I was a Sub-editor and Writer for NEXT magazine as well as Good Health & Wellbeing
Looking for: I loved my role as Sub-editor and Writer, so I'd love to be able to help in any capacity if it involves any kind of researching, editing, or writing.
Will consider: Part-time (1-2 days per week), Part-time (2-4 days per week), Casual (few hours a week/fortnight), One-off's, Full-time employment
This directory contains a list of employers who may be interested in employing people with magazine media experience. This list is not limited to magazine publishers.
NZ Fishing Media Ltd
- NZ Fishing Media is a small Kiwi owned and operated business employing eight staff with ~30 regular contributors providing credible, interesting and engaging fishing-related content across print and digital market-leading channels. We also produce Rheem OffSite, a free monthly magazine for tradies.
- Our main print product, NZ Fishing News, was established 43 years ago and is NZ's leading recreational fishing publication with around readership of 211,000 monthly. We print in New Zealand and support local!
- The Fishing Website www.fishing.net.nz enjoys a minimum of 150,000 unique views monthly, (80% local traffic) - nothing else out there comes close to it and Google loves us!
- Our fortnightly EDM goes to 18,000 and our Facebook page has over 30,000 likes.
Important Attributes for our Sales Manger:
- Proven success as a self-motivated advertising salesperson who can demonstrate determination to achieve results
- An understanding of, and an ability to sell, both print and digital ad space/products across multiple platforms and titles
- Intellectually agile with demonstrable ability to understand our customers' businesses and produce advertising proposals that resonate.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, along with an ability to converse, write and develop solid business relationships.
- An ability to negotiate while looking for mutually beneficial outcomes
- An ability to manage detail and follow processes/SOP’s combined with sound IT skills especially with spreadsheets and MS Office and G suite.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Fishing/boating knowledge/experience would be a benefit and a basic understanding is a minimal requirement.