2018 Webstar Magazine Media Awards Conditions of Entry
Conditions of Entry
Rules and conditions around who can enter the Webstar Magazine Media Awards.
- All magazine publishers are entitled to submit entries for the Magazine Awards.
- Journalists and Columnists/Bloggers may enter and pay on their own behalf. Please refer to the specific details on the Journalist or Columnists/Blogger entry form.
- All entries must be from titles published for the New Zealand market in the first instance and these must have been independently circulated as a stand-alone magazine.
- Entries in the various editorial/journalism awards must be of material intended for first publication in a New Zealand magazine. Material previously published elsewhere (for example, in newspapers or books) is not eligible.
- Stand-alone directories are not eligible for entry.
- Only entries published or on sale between April 1st 2017 and March 31st 2018 inclusive will be eligible for submission.
- All magazine brands must be entered according to their category requirements.
By submitting an entry, you are bound to the following conditions:
- The entrant gives permission for the MPA to use at their discretion any material submitted for the 2018 Webstar Magazine Media Awards.
- Entries become the property of the MPA.
- The MPA is not obliged to return the material.
- The entrant/publisher grants the MPA the right to use the entry for promotional purposes at such times as the MPA shall deem appropriate.
- Under no circumstances shall an entrant or anyone claiming through or acting on behalf of an entrant require the payment of any royalty by the MPA in respect of the use of the entries or related material for any purpose.
- The entrant agrees that the MPA will not accept responsibility for errors or omissions reproduced at the awards presentation, or for work lost or damaged, under any circumstances.
- The entrant and publisher absolve the MPA of any personal liabilities in respect of the entrant’s attendance at the awards presentation ceremony.
- All award winners and their publishers will comply with the direction in regard to the promotion of their winning status. See ‘Acknowledgements’.
- All winners and publishers accept that they must rectify at their own cost any false or
- misleading claims regarding winning status. See ‘Acknowledgements’.
- The payment terms and receipt requirements are accepted as identified in ‘Payment Terms’.
If you are not in the ABC circulation audit or Nielsen Readership survey, you are obligated to provide a credible independent source of reference for any circulation and readership claims made.
The Magazine Awards are administered by the Magazine Publishers Association NZ (MPA).
The Judging Panel will be appointed by the MPA Executive.
The decision of the Judges is final. No correspondence will be entered into in regards to the Judges’ deliberations or decisions made.
The Judges have the right to determine the standard of the awards.
Judges may recommend a Special Award if they believe one is justified.
Finalists are announced prior to the Awards Presentation.
All finalists will be announced prior to the Awards Ceremony night (Thursday September 6th, 2018). Award winners are encouraged to promote their award status. In doing so, they must adhere strictly to the correct acknowledgement format that will be supplied by the MPA. All acknowledgements must clearly identify the specific award and category won.
All entry invoices must be paid in full by Friday 14th July to be eligible for judging. You will be given payment instructions upon submitting your entries.